Agor mewn ffenestr newydd
The Congenital Heart Disease Network South Wales and South West (CHD Network) brings together clinicians, managers, patient/family representatives and commissioners from across the region, who work together to support patients of all ages with a congenital heart condition, and their families/carers.
The network comprises:
- 18 adult and 19 paediatric providers, covering level 1 (specialist surgical), level 2 (specialist medical) and level 3 (local centre) services
- Over 6,500 children and 8,000 adults with congenital heart problems
- 30 clinics per week, seeing more than 20,000 outpatient attendances per year
- Over 40 specialist nurses
- 37 paediatricians with expertise in cardiology
- 17 adult cardiologists with specialist congenital interest
- Over 425 heart operations per year
- 11 patient and family representatives
- A core network team, consisting of a Clinical Director, a Manager, a Lead and an Administrator (all part-time).
The Network team is hosted by University Hospitals Bristol, but is an independent body and is accountable to its Board members.