Neidio i'r prif gynnwy

F2SU - Support Available To You


The UHB understands that it can be difficult to raise a concern. This page is full of options of support and advice available to staff and managers when faced with raising a concern. Below are some areas within the Health Board that might be able to provide you with support when faced with raising a concern.

Operational HR

HR Advisory Team, who provide advice to employees and managers on general HR queries and can be contacted on:

Email:  |  Telephone: 029 20745700

Trade Unions

The UHB is committed to working in partnership with recognised Trade Unions and Professional Organisations and actively encourages you to join any trade union or a professional body of your choice (subject to any rules for membership of that organisation which may apply).

To find out more about joining a union please talk to your local workplace representative or take a look at the relevant website or notice board.

Cardiff and Vale UNISON members now have their own branch website where members can get up to date news and information, as well as hearing about special offers available to members only.

Occupational Health Function

For more information about the services provided by Occupational Health, how to refer and frequently asked questions, please see the Occupational Health section of the ‘Your Health and Wellbeing’ internet pages.

Employee Wellbeing Service

There is a whole range of materials and support for you on our webpages. Click here to see a range of support, both internal and external, are available for all of your wellbeing needs.

External Resources that Can Help You Raise Your Concerns 

  • Professional regulators offer guidance on raising concerns – for example, click on the following links for guidance from the Nursing & Midwifery Council; Health and Care Professions Council;  General Medical Council; General Dental Council
  • Government agencies in Wales can also support you to raise concerns – Healthcare Inspectorate Wales provide more information on their website here or can be contacted by phone on 0300 062 8163 or email
  • Wales Audit Office provides information on raising concerns. They can be contacted by phone on 029 20 320 522 or email or post at PIDA Officer, The Auditor General for Wales, 24 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9LJ
  • Public Concern at Work is a charity with a long history of supporting people who work in organisations such as the NHS to raise concerns. You can find out more on their website or by contacting their independent and confidential telephone advise line on 020 7404 6609

Supporting Policies and Procedures 

  • Raising Concerns (Whistleblowing) Policy and EQIA
  • Dignity at Work Policy - All Wales and EQIA
  • Disciplinary Policy and Procedure After 16th May 2017
  • Grievance Policy
  • Upholding Professional Standards Policy
Follow us: